Monday, February 6, 2012

"init: Id "co" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes" error in Debian GNU/Linux testing

I think many of the Debian GNU/Linux testing installations are getting this message. This is visible if your are using the terminal and gets repeated every 5 minutes. I have resolved this issue by commenting the line as shown below. As usual, i dont take credit for this. It is just a result of lot of googling of online forums

co:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty hvc0 9600 linux

search for the above line in /etc/inittab and comment it as

#co:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty hvc0 9600 linux

There you go. You will not recieve the message again.


P.S -> I have not seen any side effects as of now(been using my lappy with this change for the past two days). I will update if any issues are found. I would be happy to know if others do have an issue. Thanx to all the Debian GNU/Linux devs and users for a fantastic OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nobody can deter me away from "free as in freedom" concept seeded by Sri RMS. See to it that u dont make fun of my belief. If u think otherwise, no need to comment.