Thursday, June 30, 2011

GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2270:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)

Is anybody getting the error specified in the subject? If so I would direct you to this post. http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1423295

This happens when u start GUI programs from terminal emulators as superuser(root). This is quite usual to all the users who would just type su, and then type in the password. With this only the user is changed. All the provess and powers of being root is not available. Instead if we use
su -(hyphen), press enter and then enter the root password we have the compete root environment. Now u can run the GUI's as root. I was crippled completely since I use emacs regularly from the terminal emulators for system maintenance. Thanx to the post on the fedora forum, I am back as the superuser. just watch the date of the post too, Interesting.

1 comment:

Nobody can deter me away from "free as in freedom" concept seeded by Sri RMS. See to it that u dont make fun of my belief. If u think otherwise, no need to comment.