You have a bricked Dell streak 5.
It happened because of the following reasons
1. buggy android implementation by dell
2. You did something wrong during rooting or flashing custom roms
3. The battery cover is loose and streak rebooted in the middle of an activity which results in corrupted internal partitions(which happened in the case with me)
Now "we" got to unbrick the streak 5 over selves as the model is discontinued since mid 2011.
Let us start......
1. Dell streak is getting stuck at the logo(Fine, better condition, since we can enter into fast boot mode and recovery mode)
2. Dell streak is completely dumb. That is pressing the power button does nothing. That is the real end of the tunnel(or, is it?)
1. The post which made me write this.
2. The adb driver.
1. Press the volume up button and keep holding it after five seconds(approx) connect the USB cable(The other end should always be connected to the computer) while holding the volume up button until you hear a ding sound from your windows pc. Now open device manager and check for driver listing in the "Unknown" section named "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". This is required for connecting the dell streak in diagnostic mode which in turn is used by the qdl tool. If not search for the driver and install it as you would install a regular windows driver. That is, right click on "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM"" in the device manager and click upgrade driver. Browse for the folder you downloaded and the drivers will get installed. The "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM"" will move from unknown to somewhere up in the device manager tree.
2. Download the driver from the second post and install it. This is the adb driver. This will be used by the qdl tool in the second stage. To check whether the driver has installed properly. power on the dell streak holding the camera button simultaneously. streak will give a white screen with fastboot on the right most corner. touch that area and streak will enter fast boot mode and the screen will tell that it is waiting for usb connection. Now connect the streak to the pc. You should hear a ding and the device manager should show "Android 1.0".
Now we have the pre-requisites for the diagnostic mode and fast boot mode.
Download the two zips from here
Extract the streak flash and run the qdl.exe from here. Now press and hold the volume button while connecting the computer. If the qualcomm drivers were correctly installed you will see that name(qualcomm …) in the port setion. Now click run. Wait patiently. Once all the logs become green close the tool. Unplug the streak and reboot the computer.
Now extract repair tool. Again hold the vol up button while connecting the streak to the computer. Run the qdl.exe from this folder. Again you should see "qualcomm….." in the port section. Click Run. This tool is going to take a lot of time. Here we are carrying out diagnostics and also install Froyo with BB 306. Once all the logs are green and the tool is finished it may take more than 5 minutes. Be patient.
It will reboot several times since it has to enter fast boot mode to install recovery and flash the rom. If at the end, all the logs turn out green, Congrats, you have unblocked your device. Thank google for making and keeping android open and RMS for being adamant on his "free as in freedom" philosophy AND all the awesome devs and users at XDA. Exit the tool, unplug the device and reboot.
The first boot may take a little longer. If you boot your device successfully then you can go ahead and install custom roms which have been made with CM 7.2 as base(i.e., Android 2.3.7). Thank the devs at XDA for keeping the streak live and kicking. Streak 5 looks and performs beautifully on 2.3.7 cm 7.2 based roms.